- Don’t renovate your home because home buyers will remodel to their liking, but you can add appeal.
- First view of home should be attractive and eye-catching so consider trimming existing shrubs or adding new ones and maintain a clean and neat entranceway.
- Add color to the home front by planting some pretty and colorful flowers.
- Pavers up the walkway or driveway add a nice touch.
- Paint front door and polish or replace door knob.
- A pretty door wreath is always welcoming.
- Buy a new front door welcome mat.
- Paint inside or touch up where ever needed, especially wall and door moldings.
- Shampoo or replace carpets, or even better, remove completely to reveal beautiful hardwood floors.
- Polish hardwood floors or clean ceramic tile floors to uncover their beauty.
- Clean windows to make them sparkle!
- Clean light fixtures, especially crystal ones.
- Eliminate dust and polish furniture.
- Keep rooms neat and organized.You want wide open and spacious rooms, not crowded, cluttered rooms. Remove pieces of furniture if necessary to make rooms appear larger.
- For an extra added touch, put up some pretty, inexpensive paintings, flowers, and plants to add color.
- In the kitchen, replace sink hardware if very old or dull, polish cabinets and change door knobs and keep counters neat.
- In the bathroom, consider grouting floor and tub tile if needed, replace toilet seat, clean shower doors or put up new shower curtains and some pretty, new towels.
- Clean up the yard, trim bushes, mow the lawn, and plant some pretty flowers. If weather permits, put up that patio set and umbrella to show potential buyers a hint of what’s to come on those nice summer days.
- Last but not least, light a pretty scented candle like “apple cinnamon” at least one hour before visitors arrive, turn on the lights to reveal your beautiful house, call me, Deborah Bracco, Realtor, ROBERT DEFALCO REALTY, at 718-619-5701, or email me at email@example.com and get ready to sell your home!!!
FREE MLS SEARCH, (I’LL NEVER CALL YOU OR GIVE OUT YOUR INFORMATION)
HOMES FOR SALE STATEN ISLAND, NY AND FREE HOME SELLING TIPS